Monday, September 17, 2012

Preserve Mankind with Kojie.san Men

"That's so gay!"

That's what you get if you're a guy and you get too conscious on how you look. Well at least, nowadays, you won't get that a lot. 

When I was in high school, my girlfriends and I would go together to the comfort room to wash our faces as a group. It was like a daily routine. We'd first eat lunch with different groups, but after eating, we'd call each other from different classrooms, to go to the comfort room together. Acceptable? Yes, of course.

What's hardly acceptable was how there were about three guys in my class who would also go as a group and wash their faces together. Sometimes they would borrow facial wash soaps from us, and vice versa. Uhuh. Vice versa. There were times when we ran out of it, and we'd get from them. I mean it wasn't that it wasn't acceptable. It was just... odd. 

So who were they? Azul, Benj, Bernard, Jolet and Daniel were the boys I remember from whom we could borrow the soaps--or the ones who borrowed from us. 


(That's Benj and Azul right there.)

--

As years went on, I went to college and met more self-conscious guys. Unfortunately, I can't say that the guys in my college were merely being self-conscious because I later learned that some of them were actually gay. But all the same, some closet-gay dudes were sometimes cleaner than us girls. 

Ashamed I am, I had more my-face-is-oily moments than them. 

--

My long-time boyfriend Kevin (now, ex slash complicated) was a really clean dude. Exception to days when he had no class and he's stuck home and he'd rather sleep the whole day rather than to wake up at a legit daytime eat and bathe like a normal person. But with that perfectly crossed out, he actually was pretty clean. The kind of clean that will make you feel that you have to notch up your cleanness to match his level of cleanness. 

The kind of clean that's annoying even cos it's contagious.
"I don't care if you'll get it from your savings. Go have facial."


I mean, were you possessed by my mom?


(Here's my college graduation photo with Kevin)

--

I mean, even if I dig the dirty look sometimes and the scruffy guys and the big bad boys, it doesn't mean that I don't dig the clean guys-inside. The ones who won't make it obvious but when you search inside their bags, you'd see a small towel, a facial wash soap, tooth brush, tooth paste and a cologne. 

And when you start asking them about it, they'd say:
"It's for after-basketball!"

And you won't care. Because after that, you'd see in their trunk some extra pairs of socks and extra shirts that are all "for after-basketball". And you smile because you like the idea that guys like these exist.

Then there are also those guys who would ask you what you are wearing, without intending to go sexual. (You know what I mean.) But just because they want to share what they are wearing. Too metro-sexual, I tell you, but too far from being gay. 

--

I am happy that a lot of people are open-minded nowadays. That now, they get to separate the world of gender and sexuality to the world of cleanliness and hygiene. 

Preseve mankind. That's Kojie.san Men's drive to men's love for one's self and body.

Really, it takes two to tango. So how can you preserve mankind if girls are the only ones who are stereotypical-ly expected to be clean and hygienic?



Let's surround ourselves with more beautiful men. Preserve mankind. And let's get better generations.

--

To know more about Kojie.san Men, like them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KojiesanMensClub

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com