Friday, July 27, 2012

Love and J & J

This week has been a little rocky. Somehow I felt like I got into a plane crash or this unimaginable big hump of a road. But one just can't ignore the little blessings that we get every minute of the day.

12:24 PM

I had a little discussion with my ex about my obsession in my savings (NOTE: If it does not manifest, do not comment here). And because of my need to save, I had to control my addiction to Turkey and Chicken Ham Sandwich in Starbucks. The number of times I consumed that the other week is crazy. So anyway, because he and I are crazy braggers to each other, he made a little: "Ah $3 lang ba yan? Sige kumain ka ulit today. Bayaran kita pag uwi." (That crazy dude converting Pesos to Dollars! Nakakainis! Ang yabang!)


But I got what I wanted. The sandwich and its mouthwatering egg-white! (I am crying as I type this. LOL.) And I felt so up-mood because I was wearing this really college student vibe attire and I was carrying Up On Wall Street book and my notebook on the way to the coffee shop. Felt like a rewind of college. Plus my favorite couch was vacant and somehow, the session felt incomplete without Denise. :))

4:30 PM

Aside from my crazy ex, I also have a crazy best friend--my deux in this blog. Do you have any idea how crazy she is? 
She asked me if I have emergency porma clothes in my drawer. I said I just brought it home the other day. I said what I only have was my running attire as stock. Then she told me about this event that she was supposed to go to. Then she sweetly asked, okay when will you change to that? CRAZY!!!!! So yes for an insane set of ten seconds, the conversation was actually leaning towards me changing into my running attire even though I wasn't gonna run, so she could wear what I was wearing, assuming I dressed well again that day. Valid, yes, but crazy. 
So Plan B was to pick me up from my office and drive home to get clothes and then go back to the office. A good plan, but she finally decided to iron her schedule that night, ended up not needing to change clothes anymore.
And she ended up going to the office with her med school books and laptop to do her paper while waiting for me to finish my work. <3


5:24 PM

Guess who came for a visit too? DIANEYKINS AND JAKINKINS! Diane had to pick up some check from the Nuffnang office so it became a little hello reunion to us there.

Pretty dressed up for a date. Yes, they were. ;)

6:15 PM

Sis and I ran to Market Market to buy flowers for Ate Glo because it was her birthday then (Janelle's main purpose of being in The Fort on her half-day school day). We bought Stargazers! And knowing Ate Glo's sched through Ray, Janelle was able to surprise her in Abe.
We caught her off guard waiting for her family for her birthday celebration. Yay!



I know how big of an inspiration Ate Glo is to Janelle and many others. I feel blessed to have her as one of my spiritual friends. She's always very warm, sweet, caring. Happy to know how she had too many surprises that day. And I'm very glad to be part of them. :)

6:40 PM

Let's get this straight and quick. Tuesday of this week was my first time to eat burrito. I'm not a fan of Mexican cuisine so I hardly ever choose that when options are presented. But when I was a part of the music ministry of Makati Feast Salcedo, they gave that to me as snack and I loved it. So I was craving for it the next day!


Army Navy, yes. That's exactly where J&J had to go. There was too much to discuss that week so we couldn't just let each other go then. The ultimate source of love and strength--that's what we are to each other. ;) Surprisingly, Janelle needed an outlet that day too.



7:50 PM

Then we had to run off because I had commitments that night. And because discussion still wasn't done and Janelle was being sweet, she offered to drive me to the studio where I needed to be at.
In BGC Feast, we're trying this special music classes, where we get to practice Liturgical songs in case we need to sing in the Eucharistic mass. It doesn't mean that if we get to sing worship and praise songs every Saturday, it's just easy for us to sing Liturgical songs. Nope. And that was what the training was for. 


Bro Andy led the training that night and he divided us into groups. He classified me as Soprano 2/Alto 1. But for that night, I was tasked play the role of Soprano. 

YES WE HAD NOTES! <3 WOOOHOOOO!

Tenor Group

The ever-competitive Bass group

The Soprano

The Alto

I'm very very excited for the next session of this. They even gave us another piece, Huwag Kang Mangamba, which I just first heard there. Had a hard time getting it though. Hahaha! But I really appreciate those who prepared for this training--the food, the place and the time. Oh how I love spending time with my LOJ/Feast family.

--

I guess the whole point of this is how in the other parts of the day, I'm sure we're all crawling and dragging ourselves to survive the great emotional down-pull. Some of us have the biggest problems of the present or still holding on to past problems.

It's not easy to survive and to fake a smile. But if you look at 24 hours of your day, you'd see how a lot of things fell into place--if you only know how to look at it.

Glad that for that day, I knew how. ;)

xo
Jel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com